Thursday, July 14, 2011

Board Again!

 "Cloudwatch"

9" x 12"

Artist's Gesso Board

Loving the board!  LOVING IT!  This was a "mental landscape" -- just something from my head that worked up great on this board.  I reworked it once, to add intensity to the dark clouds on the left and add substance and drama to the central cloud mass.  It was so easy to rework on the board.  And, again, the color intensity is striking --- you really need to see it "in person" to know what I mean.  You might have had a chance on August 6th, when I was going to do a local show, but I chickened out.  I need more time to get my booth together and figure out how to take credit cards and such.  It is not like selling on line!  That is okay, though, I will be ready to go in the Spring!

And I have so many new things to paint, thanks to my trip to Portland, OR.  I am posting this from the hotel there, in fact!  I can't wait to take all my new ideas and pictures and get painting next week!

No comments: