Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fall Rose


 8" x 8" Stretched Canvas
1 1/2" deep sides

This is a companion to my earlier pink rose close-up.  I really enjoy the repetitive folds, they are quite relaxing to paint!  I have a bazillion rose pictures that I took when Jim and I went to Portland, OR for a week this summer.  The International Rose Test Garden is there and free to the public -- acres and acres of gorgeous blooms in every hue, size and scent.  I actually took more pictures than the camera could handle and needed a second memory card!  It is kind of daunting when you have so many pictures to choose from, and then, of course, I need to be in the "mood" to paint roses or they don't work out they way I want them too.  Good thing I am a woman as well as an artist and to changing my mind is just a part of my nature.  That way no one can blame me for procrastinating on my rose paintings!

No comments: