Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Where Did He Go?


"Where Did He Go?"

11" x 14"

Stretched Canvas

Look for me on Etsy soon!

I really got into painting this one.  Something about the color of the sand was really appealing to me.  I found when I was done, that the sand was too "empty", though -- it needed something.  I briefly thought about a beach chair (too close to the water), flip flops (too trite) and shells (too small) and then I thought about footprints, but footprints going IN to the water, instead of the usual walking-along-the-shoreline ones.  I mean, heck, when you go down to the surf to swim, you make footprints too!  So where is the swimmer?  Out of your sight line? Are these old footprints and the swimmer has returned home hours ago? Did he have a boat anchored in the shallows?  Or did some mysterious fate befall him?  The world may never know!

No comments: