Sunday, June 26, 2011

Where Did the Mojo Go?


"Blue Vase of Roses"

5" x 5" 
stretched canvas

Yikes!  It is gone.  My ability to paint -- phffft.  Just like that.  I signed up to do a show in August, for which, of course, I need INVENTORY.  And it is very difficult to generate quality inventory when you are at home with three kids all summer -- all of them running in different directions.  I am panicking!  So today, I sat down, took paintbrush in hand and....nothing.  I painted three paintings, two of which are so bad I couldn't even post them.  This one is okay, but just that.  Just okay.  I honestly don't know what my problem is --- perhaps it is too-much-on-my-plate-itis.  Or maybe just plain old fear.  Ugh!  Either way, I need to shake it off and get going.  I will put on my best Scarlett O'Hara accent and chant "I will paint again tomorrah, for tomorrah is anothah day!"

2 comments:

Cara said...

Nonsense!! Your painting is awesome!!!:)

Cara said...

You did a great job!:)