Tuesday, May 17, 2011

More Birthday Watermelon!


"Watermelon Slice"

6 x 6

Stretched Canvas

Look for me on Etsy soon!

As the birthday nears, I get more and more excited about the "Birthday Melon".  This year, I think I will have candles in mine, as suggested by my friend, Anne (here comes another shameless plug), from Etsy at The Chunky Mermaid.  

But I digress.  No candles in this painting, but still a whole lot of melon.  Try as I might not to be a "blendy" painter I am still at it -- blendy blendy blendy all over the place.  I did try to NOT blend this one to begin with, but it didn't look like much of a melon -- it was just a Christmas-y sort of blobby red-and-green abstract.  *Sigh*  I guess I might have to resign myself to painting like a frou-frou blender drink instead of "straight up".  Hmmm.  I guess birthday drinks might be on my mind, too!!

No comments: